TEXT: Isaiah 9:6, Ps 24:10, John 14: 6
'To celebrate' means to make known publicly and to praise widely.
Who is this HIM? The HIM is the only begotten son of the Almighty God. He is God Himself. His name is Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace, The King of glory, Our Saviour and Intercessor (Matt 1:21), The High Priest, Prophet and King, The Indescribable Gift God sent to us for the salvation of our souls. He is our peace (Eph 2:14). The good shepherd (John 10:11), the horn and the rock of our salvation (Ps 18: 2), our Redeemer (Job 19:25). The one who came from the Father, full of grace and truth (John 1:14); The hope of glory (Col 1:27); The way, the truth and the life, the only link to the Almighty God (John 14:6); The I AM THAT I AM (John 8:58); The Alpha and the Omega (Rev 1:8); The Lord of lords and the King of kings (Rev 17:14); The one whose name is above every name (Phil 2:9). He taught us a wonderful model prayer (Matt 6:9-13). The One who also came as flesh to experience all that we go through to encourage us. He redeemed us and reconciled us with His Father. He laid His life for mankind. He is no other one than our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
What else can we do for the one who did so much for us other than to celebrate Him, proclaim his wonderful love, praise, hail and worship Him? And to talk about Him to all nations, spread the good news of Him all over the world, tell the sweet story of the one who wants you to live in his victory and has already overcome the enemy of your soul. He paid for your sin and did so much for you on the cross. He came to restore you to God. He is the light (Isa 49:6). He bore your sins and took stripes for you to be healed; He became poor so that you may be rich. He came to give you life abundantly. (John 10:10b). He suffered, bled and died for you. His blood cleanses and washes away your sins. At the mention of His Name, every knee bows down and every tongue confesses that He is the Lord (Phil 2:10-11). The one who promised to be with you till the end of the age (Matt 28: 19-20). He lives for ever (Heb 7: 25). He has gone back to our Father to prepare a place for you and I.
Ways to celebrate Jesus:
- Announce Him and tell others that He is coming back again.
- Do His Will and the Will of the Father always, thereby pleasing Him.
- Feed His lamb (John 21: 15-17)
- Fellowship with Him always (John 15:13)
- Bear fruits that will abide and remain (John 15:16)
- Obey His commandments (Luke 6:46)
- Spread the good news to all the nations of the world (Mark 16:15)
- Be His disciples
- Teach the new disciples to obey all the commands as He has given you.
- Partake in the Holy Communion as often as possible in remembrance of Him (1 Cor 11: 24)
- Feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty, take care of strangers, clothe the naked and look after the sick. (Matt 25:35)
- Prepare and wait for His second coming.
PRAYER- Lord Jesus, you are awesome, you have done so much for me, May I not be tired of celebrating you till your Kingdom come. Amen. In your name I pray.